Meet Freelance Illustrator and Artist Paula Joerling


It’s 10-10-10time. I hope you’re enjoying these glimpses into the lives of these inspiring + artistic + biz-savvy ladies! There are a total of 8 ladies (including myself) this time around, so we have 1 day left in this series (just me!) after today. Now, it’s time to meet Paula Joerling!

Name of Business: Paula Joerling Studio

Links:

Years in Business:
I have been a freelance artist in one form or another for 30 years. I have been a freelance illustrator for about 8 years.

Brief Bio:

I am a freelance illustrator living in Atlanta Georgia. My designs are primarily used for the gift and tabletop industry. Typically, I work in watercolor and collage and enjoy incorporating fabric, stitched paper and found objects in my art.

A Glimpse At Paula's Artwork:



Question:
Is it necessary for your business to line up with your soul purpose? What value is there to having that aligned?

I guess for me, it is. I have had odd jobs here and there and it never feels right. All I could think about was what I would be doing if I were back in the studio. I sometimes wish that I could be the type of person who could work a 9-5 job. Creating things gives me great satisfaction and is a part of my make up that I can’t shake; nor do I want to. The value in having it aligned is being able to be what and who I am 24/7.

Current Projects:
Currently I am working on a series of collage pieces that will make their way to my etsy handmade shop.

A Note from Laura:
For more information on the 101010 Project and to see all the questions and answers check out the 101010 Website.  (Note: Due to life's unexpected twists & turns, this session of the 101010 Project features eight participants instead of the intended 10.)

If you've missed any of the 10-10-10 posts on this blog, links are below.
Shari’s response
,
Valerie’s response
,
Stephanie’s response
,
Dani’s response
,
Phyllis’ response
,
Robin’s response,
Paula’s response (today’s post)

Laura is a marketing professional and blogger who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here