Meet the founder of the 10-10-10 project: Robin Norgren

Robin Norgren
Robin Norgren is the mastermind behind the 10-10-10 project I’ve been sharing on the blog this week.  She’s also an artist, life coach, mama, wife and so much more. Robin is courageous (did I mention she is a military wife?) and not afraid to live for what she believes in.  She's also one of the hardest workers I've come across in a long time.  Never giving up, always finding a way, always open to looking at things in a different way. Having faith, staying positive and even encouraging others during these times are also part of Robin's norm.   It’s time to share her response to my 10-10-10 question.  If you’ve missed any of the other 10-10-10 posts on my blog, I’ve included links at the end of the post. 

Name of business: Robin Norgren Studios

Social media links:
WebsiteTwitter - Facebook

Years in business: 4 years


Brief Bio:
I strive to live life to the fullest.  No matter what.  I have grown into myself through my love for Jesus and HIS LOVE FOR ME. Art, motherhood, business, creativity and yoga are the cherished vehicles for this deepening.   Life can be FULL, JUICY, MEANINGFUL, PURPOSE FILLED, LOVELY.  I want to help you come to your fullest life.  I create workbooks, ecourses and workshops that chronicle my change and growth and offer you ways to find out what YOUR FULLEST life will be.

Question: 
Is it necessary for your business to line up with your soul purpose? What value is there to having that aligned?

Answer:
I have always thought that everyone had the same answer to this question: yes OF COURSE you would want to have your business line up with your soul purpose.  Then I had a client the other day explain why she did not think this was necessary.  Her words: "well my family is my soul purpose… everything else is just about making money." 

It made me sit back and think about whether or not my thoughts would change now that I heard another perspective.  And guess what?  It has!  I have been chugging along for about 4 years now attempting to integrate my career with my soul purpose.  But what I realize is really my soul purpose DEEP DOWN is very close to this women's assessment.  I want to make sure that my family ALWAYS feels like I am there for them no matter what.  And this has been tested quite a bit with my husband being deployed with the military the majority of the past three years and my choice to stay home with my daughter to make that transition easier on her. 

I have tried very hard to keep that dream alive of integrating the two.  At this point I do a ton of late night and early morning work in order to keep that dream at least burning a little on the back burner.  And I dare say that in the future it would seem a reasonable expectation to go for with my hubby retiring from the military in five years and my girl getting older.  But for now I am satisfied with just doing all I know to do to run my business but keeping my soul purpose clear: to make the best life possible for my kids.

Current Projects:
Robin Norgren is currently completing her life coaching certification and would LOVE to offer you a FREE 15 minute mini session – sign up for her mailing list here: http://www.robinnorgrenstudios.blogspot.com/p/life-coaching.html

One of Robin's recent videos on art journaling (love!):

Video link here for those reading by email.

Sneak Peek at Robin's Art:

View more of her work (and classes offered) here.

A note from Laura: I'll be continuing the 10-10-10 project in the coming days with answers from 2 other talented women on this very question!


If you've missed any of the 10-10-10 posts on this blog, links are below.
Shari’s response
,
Valerie’s response
,
Stephanie’s response
,
Dani’s response
and
Phyllis’ response
.

For more information on the 101010 Project and to see all the questions and answers check out the 101010 Website.  (Note: Due to life's unexpected twists & turns, this session of the 101010 Project features eight participants instead of the intended 10.)

Laura is a marketing professional and blogger who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog
via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here