Meet Shari Sherman: 10-10-10 Project Day 5

It’s 10-10-10 time. I hope you’re enjoying these glimpses into the lives of these inspiring + artistic + biz-savvy ladies! There are a total of 8 ladies (including myself) this time around, so we have 4 days left in this series. Meet Shari Sherman!



Name of Business:  Hula Dog Designs by Shari Sherman

Social Media Links:
BlogFacebookTwitterPinterestEtsy

Years in Business:  Hula Dog Designs by Shari Sherman, was started in 2010.  Prior to that, I created art as Island Girl Studio, LLC since 2004. 

Brief Bio: 
  I make Happy Art for Happy People!  I love that thrill of getting an idea and making it come to life.  I love bright colors (especially turquoise!), strong simple lines, and adding words of inspiration to my art.  I like mixed-media because it is limitless, but painting will always be my first love.  My subject matter frequently includes dogs, books, and anything related to the ocean/beach, because that is what I LOVE.  People often smile when they see my art, and I feel like I am doing my part in making the world a happier place!


Question:
Is it necessary for your business to line up with your soul purpose? What value is there to having it aligned?

Shari's Response:
YES!  When you first start out, the primary focus is making money.  After all, that's what a business is, right?  And there is definitely a  JOY in having someone pay you for something that you created.  Wow!  You feel like a "real artist", and you can easily start to believe that is where your value lies.  But I've learned that in order for your business to grow from a solid foundation,  it must be based on an outpouring of your soul.  That is where the true JOY multiplies! That is what will keep you going, keep you creating, keep you trying, and keep the inspiration flowing.  Otherwise, you will dry up from stress,  you won't have time to let new ideas in, you will start to feel like you are on a production line, and the money will not be enough to keep you going.  The value in realizing that what you are creating is important, is soul-connected, rather than just a vehicle to get what you need...Priceless!

Shari’s Latest Projects…

Shari is currently working on a book project called, The Inklings.  For more information on this and other fun stuff, like her page,  Hula Dog Designs on Facebook or check out her blog, Dashboard Hula.

A note from Laura: I'll be continuing the 10-10-10 project in the coming days with answers from 3 other talented women on this very question!

For more information on the 101010 Project and to see all the questions and answers check out the 101010 Website.  (Note: Due to life's unexpected twists & turns, this session of the 101010 Project features eight participants instead of the intended 10.)
Laura is a marketing professional and blogger who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here