10-10-10 Project: Meet Phyllis Dobbs

Day two of the 10-10-10 project is here! I've asked each of the participants the same question, and am sharing their answers with you here.  Today I'm honored to be featuring Phyllis Dobbs of Phyllis Dobbs Art & Design. 

If you're interested in reading my own answers to the other 10-10-10 questions, two of my features were posted yesterday - first on Shari's blog here (I answered, "What animal would represent the first year of my business?") and then on Stephanie's blog here (I answered, "Do you have a business mentor? What value does that offer to your experiences as a business owner?"). 

Now, onto Phyllis' feature!

Business Name - Phyllis Dobbs Art & Design
Started business as - Lucky Duck Designs

Years in business
- 28

Brief Bio
As an artist, I create art for licensing on products in the textile, gift and home goods industry. In textiles, I have designed fabric collections for 7 years. I also focus on designing quilt and sewing patterns and have written a new built book “Asymmetrical Quilts”.

Current Projects

Phyllis is currently working on new art for licensing including a new fabric line as well as adding more art to products for her Zazzle store. She also just entered into a collaboration with another quilt designer for a quilt related project.

10-10-10 Question:

Is it necessary for your business to line up with your soul purpose? What value is there to having that aligned?



Yes, it is very important to me to be true to myself and my style. In fact, if I don’t feel something, it is hard for me to deviate.  My business is based on how I feel and how I create.  Otherwise, it would just be “work” and for me, my business is much more than that and is filled with passion about what I do.



A note from Laura: I'll be continuing the 10-10-10 project in the coming days with answers from 6 other talented women on this very question!

For more information on the 101010 Project and to see all the questions and answers check out the 101010 Website.  (Note: Due to life's unexpected twists and turns, this session of the 101010 Project features eight participants instead of the intended 10.)


Laura is a marketing professional and blogger who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog
via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here