How to Change Twitter Design Colors: A "Twitter Tuesday" Post

As many “Twitter Tuesday” posts that I’ve shared with you, I’m amazed at how each week, I always have something new to share. Today’s post is something I re-discovered a few days ago, after making tweaks to my own Twitter background.


I kept the same beach photo I’d taken last summer as my main background, because it fits Charleston and it fits me. What’s new? We’ll, with the #NewTwitter moving the bio front and center, it seemed a bit repetitive to include the same few sentences about myself over in the new, more narrow space to the left of the main Twitter area. So, I took that away and decided instead to place more photos vertically in the far left background space.  

click photo to enlarge
Since I was making this update, I had a few photos taken of myself over the holiday break that I plugged in.  I'm a girl, and we care too much about our hair sometimes.  Mine is less red and longer, and since I meet many people locally through Twitter, I want to "look" as close to my profile pic as I can.  It's important.

I’ve also grown as a jewelry artist and creative person over the past year, and wanted to showcase more than just a pair of earrings for the creative/artsy work that I enjoy in addition to my online marketing tips and tutorials.

If you’re curious about what my updated background looks like, I hope you’ll hop over to Twitter so we can connect there as well.

Onto our tutorial…
How to Change Your Twitter Design Colors

1. Click on “Settings” in the top right-hand side of your twitter homepage

2. Click on the “Design” tab

3. Click on “change design colors” towards the bottom of the screen

4. Click on each of the squares that appears to change the pre-set colors applied to your Twitter profile.

5. Click on “Save Changes”.

When would you want to change your Twitter design colors? Here are two reasons I can think of off the top of my head…

~ Change your Twitter “design” colors to match your company branding / color scheme
~ Change your Twitter “design” colors if you wish to have more contrast between your background photo and your twitter color scheme

Laura Catherine Otero is a marketing professional and blogger in Charleston and Columbia, SC who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here