Top Facebook Posts of 2010 on this blog: A "Facebook Friday" post

It’s our last Facebook Friday together in 2010. Have you reflected on your use of Facebook in 2010, and how it’s changed your day-to-day life?

In looking back over a year of Facebook posts on this blog, here are some of my observations.

My First FB Post in 2010…
In March I posted a few of my thoughts on being incentivized to become a “fan” of a business on FB. 

Today, I don’t typically question whether or not I am willing to “like” a business on FB, as long as I enjoy or have an interest in the company’s products/services. In fact, I’ve liked hundreds (literally) of businesses on FB since March.  Many of those are creative (art-related) businesses that I met through Kelly Rae’s course. Have you noticed you’ve “liked” more businesses in recent weeks/months as well?

Do Facebook Tips from April 2010 Still Apply?
In April, I posted 10 tips on Improving your Facebook Business Page (called a Fanpage then). Most of these tips still apply for now.  We all know there are pretty big changes coming for biz pages soon. In fact, I got a sneak peak just this month.

Most Popular
Here are the top 3 (in terms of visitation) Facebook posts on this blog for 2010:

1. How To Get Notified of Facebook Business Page Comments – Two Handy Tips.  With the “New Facebook” for business pages, we’ll see the need for third party applications to get activity notifications may not be such a necessity.  However, that doesn’t mean the application developers aren’t already looking ahead and making further enhancements to remain relevant.

2. How to Analyze Facebook Business Page Impressions - A "Facebook Friday" post, which continues to be helpful.  In fact, I’m going to be expanding the content since it continues to be one of my top Facebook posts.


It’s been quite an amazing Facebook journey for us so far, and I’m sure there are plenty of developments scheduled to be rolled out in 2011. I’ll be continuing my “Facebook Friday” posts in 2011 and hope you’ll join me.

Happy New Year!


Laura Catherine Otero is a marketing professional and blogger in
Charleston, SC who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here