Twitter Tutorial Revisited a Year Later

I posted a "Getting Started on Twitter" post in Oct. of 2009 on this blog. Nearly a year later, it was time to read back over those tips and do some updating/refining. I've learned a lot over the past year on Twitter (thanks to the help of many great friends on Twitter) and felt it was timely to review my post today.

A few things I added...
- the importance of creating and using Twitter lists
- How Hootsuite and/or another Twitter management tool can help you
- Mentions and DMs - remembering I didn't "find" these until weeks later after my first tweet (smile)
- Bit.ly - love that site!
- How downloading a twitter app on your smart phone/ mobile device is a "DO!"
- How you can import your Facebook contacts into Yahoo, and then pull them over to Twitter to make connections. This helped me find 60 FB friends on Twitter. Love. it.

Since I'll be updating the post from time to time, please visit it here so I can keep it up-to-date in one place. :)

Anything else I've overlooked? Comment or @ me (@lauracatherineo) and I'll add it!

Thanks and have a great day. :)
Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here