@Formulists – A Smarter Way to List on Twitter


I discovered @formulists a few weeks ago on Twitter. After I followed them, I noticed they followed me back and added me to their “people-who-i-recently-followed” list. Turns out, that list was automated.

What if you could create a variety of Twitter lists without having to manually “list” each of your followers? For example, I have added people to my “Charleston Marketers” list over many months and now make it a practice to “list” any new follower right away if they fit into one of my 20 list categories. If I hadn’t already listed my followers, however, it would be quite cumbersome to go through my entire list of followers (one by one) to list each person. Imagine doing this 3,000 or so times.


This is where Formulists comes in! Their Twitter bio states they are “An effortless way to filter your timeline, see who recently unfollowed you and more...right from your Twitter home page or client!”

A visit to their homepage mentions you can create customized lists that only you can see to help you manage your following/those you follow. (You can opt to make your formulists public, too).

A few helpful lists you can create with just a few clicks:

- People Like “@...” (fill in with the handle of a twitter fave)
- People-Like-Me
- Does-Not-Follow-Me-Back
- Listed-Me
-Who-My-Friends-Talk-To
-Mutual-Friends
-Filter-My-Following (by location or by using a bio filter)
-Recently-Followed-Me
-Recently-Unfollowed-Me
-Recent-Interactions
-People-I-Retweet
-People-Who-Retweeted-Me
-Other custom lists


I have used other services in the past to track who is following me back, etc., but would choose Formulists over those websites. The reason ultimately comes down to convenience and ease of use.

I also like that you can keep your formulists private. I don’t necessarily want everyone to be able to see “people-who-don’t-follow-me-back” or know that I’ve created a “people-like-me” list to connect with new folks. I don’t mind sharing this with you, but would rather it not be public on my Twitter lists…make sense?

Give @formulists a go and let me know what you think!

Note that some of your lists take a few minutes to populate. You can almost watch the numbers go up as you build.

Update: Found this great video about formulists as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here