Online Ticketing On the Fly

I found myself in need of a turn-key solution to sell event tickets online, so I went to my favorite place to ask for help/recommendations: Twitter. It really is, hands-down, in my humble opinion, one of the best places to get just this sort of information on the fly. I knew of a few solutions (such as google checkout and paypal), but wanted something fast and slick.

Within just a couple of minutes, a friend (thx @acmongomery!) recommended EventBrite. I love that they don’t charge a set-up fee, and that they are super user-friendly. I found myself jotting down a quick run-down of EventBrite compared to other online solutions (seen below). For the sake of time and ease of use, I’m going with EventBrite. Should I have needed a longer term/higher volume ticketing solution, the other options could have made more sense.


1. EventBrite - Have an online ticketing page and store up by this weekend! They will charge 5% plus $.99 for each ticket sold. For example, to sell a $10 ticket, the profit is $8.51. There are no set-up fees and no hidden fees. This is the most turn-key solution I've come across so far. If you sold 100 tickets at $10, the profit after fees would be $851.


2. Volusion - More of an online store solution, but could technically work for ticketing, too. This can take a few weeks to set up, and is better for someone who wants to sell long-term. Their monthly fees are around $75 when you add everything up. They also charge 2.17% plus .34 cents per ticket. This scenario on a $10 ticket is $9.44 profit (and of course, the monthly fee). If you sold 100 tickets at $10, the profit after fees would be $865.


3. Google Checkout or Paypal charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction (so for a $10 ticket, the profit would be $9.41). If you sold 100 tickets at $10/each, the profit after fees would be $941. Not always as slick, unless you have time to customize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here