2011: Blog Year in Review

Another year is ending – these “year in reviews” are always joyful for me.  Do you enjoy the feeling of a fresh new year ahead? I know I do.  Usually before the New Year I do some blog housekeeping – including updating my bio and navigation bar.  You’ll notice the themed days-of-the-week nav buttons got a make-over.  Since I moved my motivational/inspirational posts over to my personal blog, they don’t need a home in the navigation here anymore. Of course, Twitter posts, Facebook tips and my step-by-step tutorials still have a home here.  “Twitter Tuesday” is now called “Twitter Tips” and “Facebook Friday” is called “Facebook posts”.  Same great content, just a new name.
If you’re looking for some of your old favorite motivation/inspiration posts, you’ll find them over on my personal blog, LauraCatherine.co.  Now, Let’s have a look at 2011!

2011 Blog Highlights:

  • Twitter tips galore on this blog – it was the year of Twitter for me -  including several tweetups planned and hosted (love those Charleston Ladies Who Lunch – link to post and post), a new look for Twitter (link to post)
  • Facebook sweepstakes fun for Kelly – I learned sweepstakes on Facebook are a GREAT (and economical) way to grown your fan base! (link to post)
  • A blog redesign and website launch for my freelance work (link to post)
  • Some handy tips on changing fonts on your blogger blog (link to post)
  • Google+ launched (link to post)
  • New Facebook timeline launched for developers (link to post), plus the “subscribe” and “share” buttons (link to post)
For those who like numbers/statistics, here are a few fun facts about my blog traffic this year:
  • 18,165 unique visitors came to this blog in 2011.  What a blessing!
  • The top five visitor states are South Carolina, California, New York, Texas, and Florida.
  • 60% of my traffic comes from Google, 20% is referral, and the rest is direct. 
My top five posts of 2011:
  1. New Twitter Background Specs
  2. How to Analyze Facebook Business Page impressions
  3. How to check in on Facebook places
  4. How to create a welcome screen for your Facebook page
  5. How to add a Twitter tab/icon to your Facebook page
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following along with me in 2011.  I am gearing up for a fantastic 2012 and am anxious to share online tutorials and tips with you.  Take care and comment below so I know you were here. 

Happy New Year!

Laura is a marketing professional and blogger who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here