How to Back Up Your Social Media Accounts - A Few Resources

It's Friday and I'm feeling a little bit of excitement mixed with overwhelm regarding upcoming posts/questions in my head.  I love the interaction and feedback I get from so many of you and can't wait to roll these "big question" and personal posts in the coming weeks. For today, we'll cover something a bit less personal, but hopefully quite helpful.  Let's talk about backing up your social media accounts. :)


Have you backed up your social media accounts?  This is something I've thought about more and more as my circle of friends and followers has grown.  I've found a real sense of community via facebook and twitter, and enjoy the artists, marketers, colleagues, friends, and others I've connected with.

I'm certain I wouldn't be able to re-friend/re-follow/re-create those connections if one of my accounts were to disappear for one reason or another.  Although the chances of this happening (losing an account) may be slim, it would be devastating.

I came across this great article by Inc.com today thanks to Jeff Webster (jmwebster) on backing up your social media accounts.  There are several great resources listed.  Of course, you can expect a review post to follow...just as soon as I chose my service and give it a go!

The two services recommended in the Inc. article were Backupify and SocialSafe.net.  Get the details about each over here: http://www.inc.com/guides/2010/10/how-to-back-up-your-social-media-accounts.html

Have you already used on of the these services to back your accounts up? Or, have another service you'd recommend?  I'd love to hear which company you used and what your experience has been.  Comment below or @ me on Twitter (@lauracatherineo).

Have a great day!


Share  
Laura Catherine is a marketing professional in Charleston, SC who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO) and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here