I’m a SquareSpace Believer! My SquareSpace Customer Review…



I built a website using SquareSpace last night and wanted to share the experience in case you haven’t checked SS out yet. It was the first time I’d used SquareSpace to create a website (I usually build websites using Dreamweaver).

Quick background on my typical website project….I’ve designed 15 or so websites in the past few years. Most are 5-15 page websites and the build-out/design/launch takes me a few weeks. If I really push it, I can crank out a website in a weekend, but it’s one of those “didn’t leave the house, lived at the computer” kind of weekend that isn’t much fun at all (I don’t recommend this approach…stop the madness!).

I’d contemplated building my own website (web design/social media consulting) on SquareSpace, but somehow felt like that would be “cheating”. After all, a “real” designer/programmer would never do such a thing, right? Would I look less legit in doing so?

This week a client needed a website fast, and I mean “can you have it up by tonight?” fast. They are attending a tradeshow this weekend and will be handing out biz cards/flyers with their site on it, etc. I decided it was the right time to give SquareSpace a whirl!


You know I love a good list, so here goes…

Top Ten Reasons You Should Build Your Next Website On SquareSpace
1. You can create your website 10 times faster (seriously) and won’t compromise on quality.
2. It’s so user-friendly a tutorial isn’t even needed! It does help if you do take their tour, though, and it’s short and sweet.
3. Your website won’t have the dreaded “templated” look, really. I designed my graphics in photoshop (including a nice sized header) and uploaded them into my design. It was easy and felt familiar, since I often do that when using Dreamweaver, too.
4. Their photo galleries are divine and ready-to-go. Enough said!
5. You can add “widgets” using html code. This may remind you blogger a bit, in a good way. Go ahead, bring in your twitter widget & facebook badge! Don't forget your Google Analytics, too.
6. Your clients will LOVE you for making their lives so much easier. Don’t be the kind of webmaster who has an iron gate around your client’s website. It just doesn’t fly anymore. With SquareSpace, you design it, and then can share the username/password with your client in the event that they want to update copy or add more photos, etc. You aren’t putting yourself out of a job, I promise. Trust me on this.
7. SquareSpace adds new features/tools that you can easily implement on your SS sites. This makes your SS websites look great and stay great looking (make sense?).
8. They “get” social media (@SquareSpace) – this is huge.
9. You can seamlessly import your blog
10. You can’t beat the cost! Free for 14 days, then as low as $8/month.

PS - If you want to see the site I built, it's here. I'll be adding more features over the weekend. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here