@holykaw: 29 Ways to Force a Change of Habit

I came across an article on Twitter this morning (thanks @guykawasaki)about "29 Ways to Force a Change of Habit". What bad habits have you resolved to change? For many of us, we spend a significant time online each day. This time is often split between sending and receiving work-related emails, staying up-to-date on industry news, spending time researching online, and staying connected. Since such a significant amount of time is spent with our coworkers, changing habits at the workplace could be a good starting point for new behaviors/abolishing bad habits. Personally, I have noticed that when my workspace is in harmony, I come home a happier person! This leads to a more productive evening with family.

Here are my personal goals to increase my workplace productivity and grow client relationships:
1. Send an email the same day thanking a client for their time on the day that we met, followed by a handwritten note and helpful article specific to their industry and the web.

2. Set up automated monthly reports for our web clients (right now I am manually pulling these).

3. Crave and Feed creativity. Allow myself the time to be creative for my clients, taking their campaigns in new and better directions. Being creative in the midst of a hectic day can often seem like "work", even though it is supposed to be the "fun" in the day! Giving myself permission to stop and really brainstorm will surely result in better campaigns and better results!

4. Show Appreciation. Work on thanking coworkers and clients for the things that they do. A smile and a heartfelt "thank you" go a long way!

These are my 4 for now. One of the tips was to focus on only a few changes at a time. Once I have seen improvement, I will post my next list

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here