Photos from Today's #LadiesWhoLunch Tweetup in Charleston, SC

Twitter has truly changed the way I do “life”.  I just can’t say enough about the wonderful people I have met through the beauty of a “tweet”! It’s something I’ve talked about in this place before.  In fact, I’m passionate enough about Twitter that I blog about it each and every Tuesday, during our “Twitter Tuesdays” together.

Today’s Charleston “Ladies Who Lunch” Tweetup (view Twtvite) has me on cloud nine.  There were SO many wonderful, talented ladies.  Most (if not all) were entrepreneurs/biz owners, to boot!

This is the third “Tweetup” I’ve helped organize.  The first was with the Etiquette Expert, last summer.  Then we had such fun at Taco Boy just a few months ago.   The best part was how the Tweetup naturally came into place.  Liz, Melissa, and I planned on getting together for lunch.  We decided to invite a few tweeps to add to the fun.  Then it grew. And grew.  We ended up with 17 ladies today! Talks have already begun for a #ladieswhosip #tweetup (whether it be tea or cocktails, smile).

R-L: Susan, Elizabeth, SimplyTopaz, Sherry

Jeni, Sarah, Liz, Melissa

Charlotte, Alesya

Leslie, Laura, Kelly

Jeni, Andra, Sarah

Elizabeth, Laura
I’d like to share a “roll-call” of sorts, showcasing each of the wonderful ladies who joined us today.  If you were there, be sure to follow each of these great ladies, if you aren’t already! If you missed it, don’t worry…we’ll catch you next time, and look forward to it!

Chs #LadiesWhoLunch Roll Call:
Alesya of @Alesya ~ www.AlesyaBags.com
Susan Lorance (we'll get her on Twitter soon enough!)
Laura of @LauraCatherineO (myself, also @dreamy_design)

I have noted a few qualities that I believe my twitter friends seem to have in common.

~ My Twitter friends are upbeat, outgoing, and overall go-getters. I know this because they greet the world each day and engage in thoughtful, thought-provoking, witty, fun conversations. Who doesn’t love that?!
~ My Twitter friends are more likely to live for today…more likely to meet up for dinner, an event, or just about anything else…spontaneous is the word I’m looking for here.
~ My Twitter friends are quick to offer help, whether it’s a tip, link, referral, or advice in general

With the convenience of Twtvite and the use of a special hashtag (#ladieswholunch), we were able to organize, invite, and get the word out in a matter of minutes.  That’s just one of the many things I find super-handy about Twitter.  Imagine the time and preparation that would have been required for a more typical event or mixer?  You just can’t beat the viral and low-fuss nature of the Tweetup!

Laura Catherine Otero is a marketing professional and blogger in Charleston, SC who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here