Discovering Recyclebank.com

On my personal blog I recently shared a few eco-loves of mine.  I discovered an eco website that I thought you would really enjoy called Recyclebank. I think you’re going to love the site…especially the perks they offer.

To put it quite simply, you get eco-educated in exchange for Recyclebank points that are easily redeemed for free products and services. Trust me, the freebies are worth it.  Great discounts at restaurants and stores, plus totally free products and services.  Think InStylemagazine and $15 off purchases of $30 at vine.com, to name a few.

The beauty of Recyclebank is that the eco-education you get (whether well-intended or simply to earn discounts) starts to have a measurable impact on your life and the choices you make.  Speaking for myself personally, Recyclebank has truly elevated how eco-conscious I am as I go about my routine.  I am delighted that the information I’ve read on the site is actually impacting my day-to-day activities and decisions.  At first, the shift was slight but present.  The more I explore (and the more points I’ve accumulated), the more eco-minded I’ve become.  I have a long way to go, for sure, but I’m excited to be making changes.

With the holidays just around the corner, now is the perfect time to create an account! It’s completely free and you can start earning points right away. 

Here’s an example of one of their holiday games (below).  Each snowflake presents a points-earning and educational opportunity.  Read, interact and earn. 
 

There are times you’ll notice advertising on the site.  Personally, I don’t mind it.  I’d rather support a company for spending ad dollars on an eco-minded website than putting those dollars elsewhere.  I have also begun to recognize a few of the products I’ve seen on the site (like Meyer’s) and make more an effort to switch to those eco-friendly products when I come across them.  Seems like a solid ad/site strategy.

Happy Holidays!

Laura is a marketing professional and blogger who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here