Introducing Featured Apps: Diptic App


I’m excited to tell you I’m adding area of focus to my usual blog writing – favorite apps.  This is just one of the new features I'll be adding to the blog, so expect more posts and some new twists this year! Useful apps, sometimes with ties to design/marketing, sometimes those that make life more beautiful or are just plain fun! One of my favorite things to ask my tech friends when we get together is “what are your favorite apps?”  I’ve found many apps this way – sort of like an old “word of mouth” referral for a relatively new tool. 

Some of the apps I’ll be sharing are free, others are just a few dollars.  I may not cover the apps that we’ve been using and hearing about for months – unless I can think of a new twist or way to use them that we may not have thought about yet!

It’s always a bit scary when introducing a new (to this blog) concept. For some reason I feel a bit of pressure and am not sure how to launch it just right! I’m going to jump right in by sharing one of my favorite apps!

Name of app:
Diptic.  

How I heard about it:
The lovely Kim Jamiesonintroduced me to this fun app over dinner!  

About the app:
Diptic allows you to create a collage of 1, 2, 3 (or more) photos and save it to your phone as a single photo.  At the time I’m writing this, there are 52 layouts to choose from! There are also lots of sharing possibilities with just one-click (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.). 

If you’re an Instagram addict (or just love taking photos with your phone), you already know there are lots of great ways to make otherwise ordinary phone photos look a bit more magical. 

Think about this:
Since you can save the Diptic collage to your phone photo gallery, you can then take that collage and “instragram-it” to add photo effects. 

Cost of app:
Just 99 cents! Look for it in the App store. 

Tweet them:
Tell them how much you love it by tweeting @dipticapp.
Here are a few photos I created with Diptic recently using photos I’d already taken on my phone.  Totally transforms the look of things! (I usually tweet and instagram my Diptic photos - follow me @lauracatherineo).





 
Laura is a marketing professional and blogger who has been active in social media since 2005.  If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to this blog
via Email or  RSS. Laura can also be found on Twitter (@LauraCatherineO), Facebook, and LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here