How Have Your Online Habits/Usage Changed?


photo by vivekchugh

A poll that was posted on Twitter today by @ConnectionMaven got me thinking…probably because the answer isn’t as clear cut as it used to be!

Here’s the question:
What do you refer to first in the morning? E-mail? Facebook? News? Take our poll & let us know. http://ht.ly/2biBx (poll link)

What’s your answer?

Here's mine...
5 years ago, I went “online” first thing in the morning on a home computer. Typically news sites were first, then email and maybe even youtube or (eek) Myspace?

4 years ago, I still went online first thing, but it was to news websites, then facebook (? – around that time) maybe email.

3 years ago, I stopped going on our home computer and started checking my email (usually work email first) on my blackberry in the early a.m. I’d then check my igoogle page (which I still use but in a different way) where I had my various RSS blog and site feeds coming into one place.

2 years ago, I checked email on my blackberry, then facebook using the facebook app for blackberry, then visited news mobile sites on my blackberry. Customization of my igoogle page continued and was usually pulled up on a computer thereafter.

Today I’m ready to upgrade my phone again and have notifications set up in one place so I’m connected on Twitter, Facebook, various email accounts, and multiple blogs all on my blackberry. What I check first is determined by the timing of the notifications I receive and how quickly a response is needed (such as comment or @ reply).

How has your “online” usage evolved over the past few years?

http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1204516

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

visit here to make your own shirts

Permanent eyeliner

create your own shirt visit here